3.18.2007

A Busy Weekend

This weekend we stepped way out of our comfort zone and actually went to a ward party.
We thought it was about time.
It turned out to be an ok time, it was a St. Patrick's Day chili cook-off, I'm still not sure how they go together, but there was some good chili.
I had signed up to make a green dessert, that part I got, so a made a key lime pie with an oreo crust. I worked all weekend so I didn't really have too much time so I decided to just bought a crust, and as Eric and I were checking out at Macey's the girl asked if I was going to make a ice cream pie or something, when I told her what I was making she thought it was just the most ridiculous thing she had ever heard and looked at me like I was crazy! I just couldn't believe that she judged me, I'm still kinda upset about it.
On Sunday we went up to West Jordan
to celebrate Lauren's birthday, we had a great time singing 'Happy Birthday' when she entered a room, and after she opened each present, she definitely loves attention!
This week is going to be jam-packed for Eric, he has 3 midterms to take and plenty of homework as well. Hopefully, he'll survive! We hope that you all are well, we look forward to reading your blogs!
I love the candles on Lauren's cake they are so cool!



3 comments:

Heidi said...

Key Lime Pie in an Oreo crust sounds yummy to me! That Macey clerk must have a hearing problem - that is absolutely the only way to explain her reaction. Good luck to Eric with his exams. Won't it be great when he's done with school? There's light at the end of the tunnel. Speaking of ward parties that are kinda on the strange side of normal - we have a 72-hour kit dinner this Friday. What do you suggest I take to that??

Rheanna said...

Sounds exciting to switch it up with an oreo crust! I'm glad you went to your ward party, we've been a ward now for just over three months and they haven't event talked about a ward party! 72 hour kit dinner--take something from a can! :o)

Albert said...

'Good to see pictues of you all. I'm glad you had a happy Easter. 'Love you.