5.03.2008

Monday I start working full time. Before I was offered the job, Russ told me that he already had enough staff to cover all the work between now and the end of the year. That made me a little nervous even though I had been sure I was getting job. He then offered me the job and told me that he would rather hire someone he knows and likes now than have to search for someone at the end of the year. Mandy already mentioned it, but the best part is that since there isn't enough work to go around he wants me to spend four hours every day at work studying for the CPA exam. I was going to have to study for it anyway, so it's basically like I'll be working part time for full-time pay. The firm will pay the cost of the review course and exam, which is several thousand dollars. Also, the base pay is slightly higher than I was expecting. I really enjoy all the people I work too, so I'm very excited about my job!

4 comments:

Brett and Ashley said...

sounds like a party...if you like studying.

Albert said...

That's great, Eric! When do you take the CPA exam?

Carolyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

bunchocoffeys said...

Wow, that's really great, congratulations, guys! Your baby is just so darn cute!