7.06.2009

Bye Facebook :(

I love Facebook. I love peeking into peoples lives, I love looking at the pictures and I love that I have been able to find people that I haven't seen in years. I remember back when Facebook was simple, now there are quizzes, applications, crazy ads, and all kinds of junk.

Yesterday at church our Stake President asked us to prayerfully consider closing Facebook, MySpace and online gaming accounts. My first reaction was no way am I doing that, I basically just facebook-stalk anyway and if the counsel had come from the Prophet it would be different. But then Eric asked me why that would be different, and I didn't have an answer. The Stake President is my priesthood leader and I sustain him and trust in his guidance. So I will be closing my account tomorrow night with a little bit of sadness but an increase in my testimony of sustaining priesthood leaders.

3 comments:

CailĂ­n said...

I'm shedding a tear for you.

Lindsey said...

that's admirable. way to be!

Sarah said...

Sad! I haven't heard anything about that... what's the reason? Way to righteous. :)