9.24.2010

Chocolate Moose and the Giant Boot

When we talked about our Maine trip I only had a couple of things that I really wanted to do; eat at Friendly's, see the boot at LL Bean, have a lobster roll, and do something different and touristy.
This is my something touristy-a life-size chocolate moose! It's carved from 1,700 pounds of milk chocolate. It was pretty exciting, and they've added a bear and two cubs made from dark chocolate.


At the LL Bean store in Freeport, Maine there is a giant boot to celebrate the 95th anniversary, and I've been trying to see it for 4 1/2 years! When we came out when we got married, it was being 're-soled' so it wasn't there and then we came out a few years ago we didn't have enough time to stop. But not this time, I made sure it was one of the first things we did!
We ate at Friendly's and it was terrific!
I'm looking forward to having my lobster roll next week!

2 comments:

CailĂ­n said...

Remember the rule on blog posts? Words are necessary.

Rheanna said...

Looks like your trip is off to a good start! A chocolate moose? Had no idea!!!!