I was very surprised on Christmas morning when I opened the blanket Frieda made for me! She made it from her daughters' old jeans with BYU flannel on the back. It's very heavy and warm and I'm looking forward to cuddling under it with my new baby boy.


3 comments:
I love the blanket and the idea! Great job Freida!
Thanks for posting photos of the blanket. I'm glad you like it. FYI: the blanket measures 60"x60", there are 225 squares that were cut 5" and measure 4" after sewing. There are 15 rows of 15 squares. I used 7 spools of thread because of all the top stitching and I broke 9 denim needles making it! I learned a great deal during the process, I'm glad I still have a supply of jeans left for future sewing fun and to put all that new found knowledge to work!
My sister cracks me up. She forgot to list how many hours it took....
Post a Comment