
Graduation was held Thursday and Friday. Thursday was the university-wide commencement. Elder Bednar was the main speaker. He gave a great talk on developing a love for learning throughout our lives. Frieda took us out to lunch at The Skyroom restaurant, which none of us had ever been to before. Here are a few pictures of the view from our table.
The bell tower.

The stadium lights in the distance.

The clock tower in the new Gordon B. Hinckley Alumni Building.

Finally, of course, the Y.

After lunch we walked to the Hinckley Building to pick up my cap and gown.

It had extra long sleeves that were closed at the ends, which I thought about hiding all kinds of things in (like snacks to eat while the 1,000+ Marriott School graduates walked across the stage on Friday).

There were almost 7,000 graduates from all of BYU.

We had to get some classic pictures, like this one with Brigham.


Here's a good view of my master's hood (and Nathan's cute face).

We took several pictures in the Tanner Building, home of the Marriott School of Management.




The campus entrance signs were more classic picture sites.


On Friday was the Marriott School convocation where we actually walked and received our diplomas (or at least something to hold them in after they arrive in the mail). Todd, Spencer, Ivy, Abram, Zack, Logan, Frieda, Lauren, Granny, Cailin, Carmel, and Claire all came to the ceremony.

We thought all the faculty in their robes from their different alma maters' looked pretty cool.

I had a very good seat. I'm the one in the black robe and black cap with a blue hood and tassel. (The fourth one from the right in the front row.)

Mandy bought me a delicious chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling and white buttercream frosting, which we all ate at a park a couple miles from campus after the ceremony (to avoid the crowds).


Katie had to work, but she was able to join us at the park.


5 comments:
Great post Eric and good pictures Mandy! Congratulations on graduation and welcome to the working world! On to studying for your CPA.
Sorry we couldn't be there, looks like you had lots of fun! Congrats!
I'm sad I wasn't there! No one told me about it! congratulations! I'll give you the proper woots when I see you in a week!
You look so handsome in these pictures, Eric. I keep thinking of you sitting at our kitchen table counting and recounting your paperroute money when you were a boy - and now a masters in accounting. We are very happy for you and Mandy and wish you the best of the best!
Eric, You are awesome! You're a great example of perseverence and dedication. You look very distinguished in your cap and gown. I wish we could have been there too. We could have definitely helped eat that cake!
Post a Comment