Our ward has an Annual Pioneer Day Bike Parade for the primary kids to show off their decorated bikes. Rather than just go and watch the kids in our class, Mandy decided to be ambitious and convert Nathan's stroller into a covered wagon. I'll admit I was a little skeptical, but it turned out great. At least a dozen people told us it that it was very creative and looked great. A couple people (including the bishop) even told us that we should have callings where we can be more creative. I kept explaining that it was all Mandy. Anyway, we had fun and Nathan enjoyed his wagon ride. Brother Erikson and his go-cart led the parade, at least until all the kids decided to pass him. Afterwards we had a full breakfast in the primary president's backyard. On our little parade we noticed a house for sale which is similar to many of the houses in our ward. When we got home I looked online to see how much it's listed for - $930,000! Even though we like our ward a lot, it looks like we're still headed to Eagle Mountain.
It really is the cutest thing I have ever seen. When I was reading before I saw the picture, I was trying to think of ways I would make it, and none of them even compared, mine included twigs, saftely pins, not touching it so it wouldn't fall apart. it really is AMAZING!
6 comments:
Perfect covered wagon. So creative-simple construction = adorable! Way to go Mandy.
I love the covered wagon. Nathan looks like he's ready to take on the plains.
It really is the cutest thing I have ever seen. When I was reading before I saw the picture, I was trying to think of ways I would make it, and none of them even compared, mine included twigs, saftely pins, not touching it so it wouldn't fall apart. it really is AMAZING!
I love that you were going to use twigs! Maybe for the next one...
Wow, Mandy, I'm impressed. I'm so not crafty or creative. It looked like a really fun day.
Nathan looks like a real pioneer in his farmer overalls and his very own Conestoga!
Post a Comment