8.17.2009

Oh What A Night!

Sunday night was our first night as a whole family of four. Nathan spent the weekend with my mom, and she was nice enough to drive all the way out to Eagle Mountain to bring him back, and she brought the Westover Women with her. Lauren was very sweet holding Molly and was extra careful.

Nathan is doing pretty well with Molly, he is a little jealous that he doesn't fit in the carrier anymore. Everyone left and we went to bed. And then at 3:30 the fun began; Nathan woke up crying which happens pretty much never, so Eric went in to check on him and he had thrown up in his bed! Nathan is 18 months old and has never been sick so this was totally new to us, luckily the throw up was mostly on one blanket so clean up was relatively easy. I gathered up all the laundry and Eric put Nathan in the tub, as it was in his hair. Nathan decided he was done in the tub, so we got him out and put a diaper on him, new jammies, ready to go back in his bed, and he throws up again. So we then bring Nathan down for some Tylenol and Sprite to settle his tummy. By now Molly is up to eat again, I take care of her and Eric takes Nathan to bed, where he throws up the Sprite and Tylenol. Nathan decided that he'd rather I rock him than just lay down and go to sleep, I rocked him for a while and then laid him down. I go to sleep for what feels like no time and I hear Nathan again! Fortunately it was only diarrhea, that stayed in the diaper, thank goodness! I rocked him for a while longer and then he fell asleep around 6:30. And then at 7 Molly was ready to eat again, and that took a little bit longer than usual because I kept nodding off. We went back upstairs at 8, where I stayed 'till 1 and Eric took care of Molly and Nathan, who didn't come down until 12:30. It was an eventful night! I am so glad that Eric took the whole week off even after I was doubtful I would need him. Hopefully the rest of the week is less exciting!
Molly is so cute with the blanket made by her Nana, it is the softest blanket ever!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my! What a night. The fun has only just begun. Good luck! She's such a cutie.

Trent and Candice said...

Wow Mandy what a night. Sounds pretty crazy. I hope your little guy gets better. Molly is so cute.

Unknown said...

Hopefully it does get better. I hope that Nathan feels better. That will probably make it a whole lot easier.

Frieda said...

1. I think it was grapes that made Nathan sick. I am very sad he was so miserable. Maybe he was missing ME!
2. Molly is gorgeous!
3. Yea, Eric! I'm so glad you took the week off.
4. Look at the picot edging on that blankie-that's my favorite part.
5. Lauren is adorable.
6. More PICS please!

bunchocoffeys said...

Oh my goodness! Nights like this are what make me nervous when thinking about adding to our family. But you survived! My hero! I hope last night was alot less eventful! She is too cute!

amanda said...

I'm so proud of you. Good work.

Anne Sloat said...

Mandy:

Congratulation to you and Eric. Molly is BEAUTIFUL. You look great, as well. I have nightmares that I have a baby to take care of....after raising 5 children, who were born in 10 year span. Babies are so fun, but so much work, especially when there's other children in the family. You and Eric are doing a great job, though. I loved your story, and can totally relate!

Courtney said...

I think when someone says "fortunately it was only diarrhea," that means it was not a fun night at all :) Congrats on your new addition. And your blanket is really pretty Auntie Frieda!

Carolyn said...

I hope the last few nights have been a lot better for you. Molly is so adorable! Good luck!